Follow the growing community over at reddit!


Obama: FCC should reclassify internet as a utility

Just a short one for you all.

Today was a great milestone as Obama declares his mission to instigate Net Neutrality once and for all. Finally! If you don't quite know what that is and if it's important or not, well watch this short CPG Grey video  (in short, it's stupidly important).

But what I really want to draw attention to was the comments I found paired with this content. 3200 comments on reddit, 500 comments on the Verge, and I'm sure there's more elsewhere. Drool.

For me this is what the internet should be like; experience the content and then join the discussion! It's sad that it takes such a big announcement to create conversation.

If you would like to read the comments (I highly suggest you do) the links are here:

  • Reddit (in my experience r/technology generally brings new insights to content)
  • The Verge 
Oh and if you didn't know, Obama actually did an AMA (ask me anything) over at reddit, with a mind blowing 24,000 comments. Making it one of the highest rated things of all time on reddit. He did a great job as well. He's doing things right when it comes to embracing the future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment