Follow the growing community over at reddit!


Thoughts on the current commenting landscape

We all browse content online. 

I find myself in the position where after watching an amazing video or reading an interesting article, I'm still curious. What's the reaction? What is the community saying? What are experts saying? 

But to my discontent, I’ll find that there’s no discussion to follow.

Which is strange. It's innately human discuss and debate. Yet it feels so uncomfortable and unnatural on the web.

I’m not the only with this problem. Many others have it too.

I'm sure you can relate. You browse some content and you have a relevant comment but something stops you:
  • maybe you don't want to expose your true identity online
  • perhaps you don't want to manage another online account, on top of the dozens you already have
  • or in most cases, there isn't a comment section! so how can we learn and exchange ideas?!
I call these problems barriers to commenting. We need to reduce these barriers as much as we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment